Control and its many variations. Such utter..ances… make my nose… bleed.
I would rather Jack than Fleetwood Mac, as the saying goes.
But still here marooned on an alien planet with only home delivery to keep my sane and in the ‘game’. I now have a subscription to Amazon Prime and I am in the process of purchasing a new computer for gaming and 3D but also have a subscription to Virgin Media for telly Broadband and Phone and Spotify for music and various computers and thinking of adding a third. Then there is my tablet and smartphone – none of which really speak to each other. Isn’t it time for a change? A joined up solution?
Your comments would be welcome so long as they are not trolly or smutty.
Here is a little wishlist to give you some ideas
- To be able to play Assassins creed or something like it in HD with min 2.1 sound on min 21″ screen
- To be able to load and run Open Source 3D software like Blender for personal graphics projects.
- To be able to listen to Spotify with min 2.1. speaker setup
- To be able to get on the internet for work/study/pleasure separately
- To be able to watch, record rewind television on min 24-inch screen and 2.1 speakers
- To be able to open/ save edit Microsoft office documents like Word
- To be able to make and receive calls (preferably for free) both at home and outside
- To be able to use Microsoft and Android, Linux OS and Apps
- Separate systems for bedroom cum study cum living room.
I would like to use my existing hardware:
Toshiba 870 17″ Laptop
Samsung 24 ” Monitor (For set top box)
Nice 2.1 speakers (one lesser set also for tv)
Windows 7 PC with dual core processor and 20″ screen. 4GB RAM
I am thinking that a new 2nd User PC with quad-core processor, 8GB RAM Graphics card, speakers and some 2nd user screens for multi-screen apps.
That would do for everything game wise and 3D too.
There really isn’t much choice on offer for my budget and A Home PC rental with TV Phone Mobile is not available yet (from my research).
I can dual boot linux on this PC maybe even triple boot with android (Bluestacks) although this would mean I would need a touchscreen for all those android games!
Well that’s about it. Sanity is back in charge.
But for how long?